MD MS in India is a professional dual degree program. It is a postgraduate course awarded you the degree of both Doctor of Medicine (MD) and Master of Science (MS). The MD MS degree program is designed for those students who desire to do clinical practice in a particular area of medicine and develop innovative skills through research and studies.
After pursuing MBBS degree, opting MD MS in India is a popular course or career option for medical students. This course will provide you with enough knowledge and skills in which you want to excel as an doctor. The entire program is research and problem based to train the students by conducting research activities, engineering design and analysis. Pursuing medicine MD MS in India postgraduate degree is a most respectable profession that will provide various opportunities to leverage your medical career.
MD MS in India is for three years. The students have to give their entire three years of hard work and dedication to do clinical training in a recommended medical base and get trained by expert mentors. MD MS admission in India is provided through NEET PG entrance examination. NEET PG is the single common PG entrance examination in India conducted by NBE to provide PG admission in the field of Medicine.
Eligibility Criteria for MD MS Admission in India
The eligibility criteria set for the aspirants is very simple and sophisticated. Students don’t require to do lots of formalities for sitting in NEET PG entrance examination for the sake of pursuing MD MS in India.
- The Students must have an M.B.B.S degree with minimum 50% marks from institutions recognized by Medical Council of India.
- Moreover, it is mandatory for the aspiring students to complete one year of an internship on or prior to 31st march are also accepted.
- Students must hold a provincial or permanent certificate of registration issued by the MCI or State Medical Council.
Admissions are done on the basis of All India Rank according to the National Eligibility Entrance Test Post Graduate (NEET PG 2020) Conducted by NBE (National Board of Examination).
Eligibility Criteria For AIQ 50% Seats
Below mentioned criteria is for those who are applying under AIQ 50% seats. As per the NEET PG eligibility criteria, the candidates from Jammu and Kashmir are not eligible for applying under AIQ 50% seats.
However, the candidates of Jammu and Kashmir are only eligible if they are nominated by the Government of India under central pool seats to pursue MBBS from the medical college of J&K.
The government nominated candidates have to submit a duly signed affidavit with the statement that they are nominated by the Government of India under AIQ 50% seats. Students have to submit this affidavit along with an application form within the prescribed date to satisfy the criteria.
Eligibility Criteria For Foreign Medical Graduate
Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualifications from Medical Colleges outside India should have qualified the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (Screening Test) which is conducted by the National Board of Examinations. Further, they should have been registered with MCI/SMC and should have completed their internship or likely to complete their internship on or before 31 March 2021.
Foreign Medical Graduates are required to bring their FMGE Pass certificate issued by NBE on their testing day.
Eligibility Criteria For Foreign Nationals
Foreign national Aspirants have to simply fulfill the basic eligibility criteria of NEET PG 2021 to appear in NEET PG exam. From the year 2019, it is not compulsory for the aspirants to get registered with MCI in order to sit in NEET PG entrance examination.
Exam conducting authority may provide a temporary registration for the duration of the postgraduate course pursuance in India.
NEET PG 2021 Examination Pattern
To get MD MS admission in India, you must have to clear the NEET-PG examination. Well to qualify for an exam with good grades one must be aware of the pattern and Syllabus of the examination. Therefore we have mentioned the pattern of the examination just for you.
- NEET PG is a computer-based exam.
- The question paper consists of multiple-choice questions.
- There will be a total of 200 questions in the exam paper.
- The exam paper is based on the graduation syllabus.
- The examination is conducted for 3: 30 hours.
- There will be negative marking for unattempted questions.
- Medium of the question paper in the English language.
- The maximum marks provided for 200 questions are 800 marks. Each question is 4 marks.
- For Each Right answer, you will get 4 marks.
- For each wrong answer, -1 will be awarded. An unattempted question will give you 0.